Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Thursday 13 for 2/22/07

Thirteen Things That Frustrate Me Right Now

1. A best friend who has been harsh with one of my children.

2. An employee who can't stand on their own feet and face conflict.

3. Getting people to commit to a project.

4. The painfully slow process of getting help for a person you dearly love because the wheels of the government turn at a pace that would make a snail seem hyped up on meth.

5. Not having time to write like I want to.

6. Short sighted people who can't see the whole picture.

7. Selfish people who forget the mission of service to the kids.

8. Passive aggressive people. Cowards to the core.

9. A lack of time to do some fairly basic things.

10. Finances.

11. Unimaginative people.

12. My inability to express my feelings at important times.

13. This month is almost over and I feel like I've failed to accomplish 50% of my tasks to accomplish during February.

Thirteen Things That Make Me Smile

1. Watching kids play in the dirt.

2. Seeing bigger kids help little kids work in the Club gardens.

3. A really nice spread in a local magazine featuring our kids and their gardening projects.

4. The sound of a friendly voice on the other end of the phone.

5. Watching Jman make others laugh.

6. Teasing Twyla about Country music.

7. Talking with my kids on the phone.

8. Seeing a project almost completed.

9. Listening to a child at the Club today talk about their love of History and English and how much they hate Math. I could totally relate and smiled even more when they spoke with such great passion about reading.

10. Having lunch with the Ho's. They always pick up my spirits and make me laugh.

11. Reading fortunes from fortune cookies with the addition of "in bed" at the end of them.

12. Sitting outside on the porch and having a fun conversation with Jman. He keeps me laughing anyways but tonight he was extremely witty.

13. Finding sinus medicine when I thought I was out and was going to have to suffer. Ah, sweet relief!

Happy TT everyone!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank goodness for good sinus meds!

I loved playing in the dirt when I was little. it's carried over into adulthood, it would seem, disguised as gardening.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Belizegial said...

It always helps to think of the glass as half-full rather than half-empty. I am feeling frustrated from being unable to finish a budget which I have been working on forever. However, knowing I am coming to the deadline shortly has helped to put this into perspective knowing there is a light at the end of this particular tunnel.

Stay cool *<*

7:46 PM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Well if you didn't get to accomplish 50% then that means you accomplished 50%... could be worse. I would suggest setting more realistic goals, but I know that sometimes it helps to set your sights high in order to get so much of what needs to be accomplished done. You do amazing things, so pat yourself on the back and keep on truckin'!

9:52 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

I love the fact you found 13 positives to post after 13 frustrating things. What a way to choose your attitude.

12:05 PM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

I'm with Beth there, it is nice to have a positive attitude in the face of adversity and I have often found that you do just that, Mark. I don't know if I've told you this but I think you are one of the most passionate, courageous, greatest men I have ever met. You are a great inspiration and I'm glad I know you. Sorry I don't get over as much as I would like but I'm going to try to do better.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home