Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Full Empty Conversations

"Staying busy?"

"Yup, long days, long hours, but a good feeling when I go home."

"How's the kids?"

"Doing well, scattered to the winds. Making their own way which is how it should be."

"You doing okay?"

"Yup, I'm doing fine. How is your family?"

We chat about this
We chat about that
Avoiding the abyss
Of serious chats
We keep it light
We speak of fluff
We stay with trite
Telling only enough
To keep them sated
With bits of news
As we guard the gate
To our heart's view.
We speak not of pain
From empy nights
The sadness gained
From our lonely fight.
No, we avoid the abyss
Of serious chats
And chat about this
Chat about that.

"So everything is good in your world?'

"Yup, everything is fine. Let's do lunch sometime."

"I would like that. My schedule is full right now, but I'll call you."

"Give my love to your family."

"Will do...."

5 Comments:

Blogger Rhodent said...

Serious conversation and exchange is good for the soul and mind when it is with someone you trust. I am always grateful when I have the opportunity to either share with or just listen to a person with whom I have a trusting realtionship.

5:50 AM  
Blogger Alisa said...

A majority of people you meet, you only need to have this kind of conversation with. As long as all is well in their world, you are happy for them.

Others, you only need a smile to build a more solid platform on which to converse and it becomes its own free flowing dialogue.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's how a majority of the conversations are in my life. not too many people I can have deeper conversations with. after a while, you miss not having that.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Oh man..hate those conversations..

9:47 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Urgghhh, i always feel those kind of conversations are never sincere :(

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home