Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Selling Soul Speedily, Silly Sam Siphons Sinfully

Somebody siphoned gas from my tank. Not much because there were only about 5 gallons in it, but still it is a nuisance since my fuel gage works half the time and I go by miles travelled. So here I sit in a car with a 400 mile range, out of gas at 290 miles. I'm telling you, my calculations remain constant and I can tell you within a half a gallon how much it will take to fill the tank, so imagine how thrilled I was when the ol' car sputters to a stop, in the middle of a hot Texas day, and I am now walking for a ride.

Whoever siphoned the gas, I hope you needed it for something worthwhile. If it was an emergency, I wish you would've knocked on my door, let me give you cash for gas, instead of having me walk in the heat for mine.

Luckily I was rescued by a sweet angel who took me for a gas container, then for gas, and then back to my car. Such sweetness and compassion is treasured, especially on such a hot and humid day and besides, she was cute to boot.

So maybe I should be thanking the siphoner of gas... it did break up my day and I did get extra excercise plus was rescued by a pretty Good Samaritan. Life gives you lemons, make lemonaide, right? However, my first offer stands... if you need the gas, let me help you out with cash. I may not always be so fortunate when it comes to walking for help.

3 Comments:

Blogger -c said...

What, with the rising gas prices, maybe we should start teaching proper syphoning ettiquette in the schools. 1)Try not to swallow any gasoline. It's bad for you and 2) Always leave a Courtesy note on the windshield of the unfortunate victim's car.
So, did you get a good Samaritan phone number to add to the black book?

3:59 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

black book? Am I supposed to have a black book? Really? Nah, I think I will dispense with any black book and just enjoy the memory.

5:45 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

People actually siphon gas? I thought that was just a joke. (Okay, I knew the physics and all, but jeez - how inconsiderate).

You should have gotten her number and taken her out to dinner as a thank you. That's a good way to make new friends.

1:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home