Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Sllvr's Back!

What joy a simple phone call brings.

"Hey dad, I'm home. Standing here in the student center waiting for my ride."

"Bet you are ready for a shower, some sleep, and chilling."

"Yeah, can't sleep on a plane and we spent our last night in New Zealand with our host families. Talked until 4 in the morning with them. I'm ready for bed and hours of sleep."

"Glad you're back home safe. Won't keep you up. Love you."

"Love you too dad."

A simple conversation. A joyful heart. Life is pretty good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

Mark, I know you are so glad she is home safe. How sweet! Now, when is my Whitney coming home?..I've been really good...but would like her home now,please!!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

The joy makes up for the pain!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Demosthenes said...

And she is now safely in the backwoods of MN. Everything went smoothly - including the surprise. It turns out your information was somewhat incorrect. What she was told was that he would be giving her a ride back to school in Aug. She had no idea who was meeting her at the airport.

Will see about getting a call to you tomorrow sometime.

10:16 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

So sweet! It's awesome she's home, safe and happy. I hope she gets some good sleep.

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home