Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Norman

(I've changed the name of the young man for obvious reasons) (I watched this young man at the club yesterday and to see someone who expected to be in trouble and expected to be punished severely made me watch him closely. He waited for his parents, opening doors for parents picking up their kids, smiling and being pleasant to everyone who came in and left. I can't help but wonder if he just needs a purpose or responsibility in his young life. So for Norman...)

Folks say you've been bad
And crossed over the line
How you make them sad
When you act up all the time.

You were lectured
You were berated
As they conjectured
About nerves you have grated.

But I think they may have failed
To see the kid inside
Whose spirit doesn't pale
Against constraining guides.

If they only knew
What battles you must fight
Then they'd understand you
And perhaps then they might

Relent from all the lecture
And see the inside the kid
Who needs no conjecture
On why he did what he did.

So Norman, here's the deal
You get another chance
Because there is just this feel
You're worth another glance.

Why? I have studied you
Taking note of all your traits
And seen more than a few
Slivers of potential great.

Call it what you will
Say I am off the pace
But I believe we should still
Give rowdy Norman grace.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger -c said...

Awesome, uplifting, and touching!

I'm reading/singing your blog now to a present, improvising guitar, and I'm beginning to think that so much of your stuff should be music!

10:53 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

wow, thanks!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Man - that's just what I needed to read. Good on ya. Thanks!

12:11 AM  
Blogger Candy said...

Good one. I've been thinking the same thing lately about a bunch of boys I know.

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home