Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Thursday Thirteen 10/26

Thirteen Comments I Heard While Getting My Hair Cut...

1. I'm gonna have my baby in six weeks. (cool, I'm gonna have a haircut in six minutes. I hope)

2. It's gonna be a big one. (the haircut or the child?)

3. All my babies are big. The first one was 8 pounds and 13 ounces and the next one was born early so she only weighed 7 pounds 15 ounces. (Hmm, if they were bass they would be wall hangers)

4. My babies are born with big heads. 15 inchers. (Oh please, don't go into any more detail... I really don't need to know)

5. My babies may be big, but nobody can put out big babies like my momma. (I bet your momma is proud you are sharing that information with customers)

6. I hope this one comes on time cause I think she just might be a 9 and half pounder! (Okay, excuse me, but I'm thinking if it is a really that size, we are going to be hearing you scream all the way over in Jones county)

7. Oh gosh, I think it is gonna rain. (generally the sound of raindrops on the front glass would indicate a strong possibility that yes, it just might rain)

8. Do you want me to layer the rest or just let it lay? (hmm, I asked for my usual and you have always layered it... so I think I will go with my usual which would be layered, no wouldn't it?)

9. You know, regular babies have 13 to 14 inch heads... (Okay, there is information I really didn't need)

10. I like the color of your shirt. Are you celebrating halloween? (You mean the burnt orange shirt with the UT tie to match?)

11. Oh I see the tie now, you are a Texas fan... (nothing gets past you)

12. Wonder what my baby is thinking right now (I almost said, "I bet the baby is thinking, 'egad, I'm never gonna get a word in edgewise...'")

13. You come back and see me in about 9 weeks after I had my baby. (Wouldn't miss it in the world... I just have to know how big the baby's head was.)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO! a 15-inch head?? owwwww!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Andrew said...

Responding here about your previous post about forced reading. I'm with you. I read more of those self-help motivational books than I care to, because it's expected.

Anyway, Happy TT, and thanks for reminding me that I need to get a haircut.

AC @ bloggedy blog

7:29 AM  
Blogger CarpeDM said...

Yeah, I'm thinking that the baby is thinking "Shut up! For the love of GOD, shut up!"

I need a haircut as well.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Hopalong Cassidy said...

Of your thirteen comments, 1-6, 9, 12, 13 make me wonder where you get your hair cut. Care to share the information?

12:09 PM  
Blogger Melissa H. said...

Ummm....yeah. I want to know all about your large babies as you bump my elbows and my chair with your large belly.

Just cut my hair the way you always do...what do you mean you can't reach the top of my head?!?!

Thirteen 10th Birthday Photos Oh yeah, he's my first and weighed....oh nevermind. ;)

12:31 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

I actually get my hair cut at a place where four women cut hair in an old shop. They are fast, cheap, and good. The conversations do tend to get a little strange at times.

8:31 PM  
Blogger -c said...

Hey, knowing a few, albeit disgusting, bits of sympathetic knowledge about childbirth can't hurt any man...

But, I'm with Amy here- 15 inches, 10 pounds?? MAN! That's gotta hurt!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Just wait to the conversation turns to breastfeeding, which it will, no doubt.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home