Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Bit of Relief

My parents were in a serious wreck last night. At the time of this writing they have been checked over and my dad has a chipped ankle and a sprained wrist while my mom has six broken toes and they are running xrays of her chest.

They were the lucky ones.

The car that they hit was out of control and sliding across the bridge when they hit them broadside. One woman, not buckled in, died at the scene. Another is not expected to live through the night. The driver is in serious condition too.

The kicker. The folks they hit were heading to a drug pickup (they left messages on their cell phones) and the driver is looking at two counts of manslaughter.

As for my parents, I am so grateful they are in as good as shape as they are in. I can only imagine what thoughts are going through their minds and I know they will be hurting for some time. For the folks in the other car, I am sympathetic to their families. I hate the fact they were engaged in the activity that had them out on an icy road and that those who live will never be the same.

It just reminds that in a blink of an eye our lives can be transformed forever.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Alisa said...

I'm glad that your parents, other than a few injuries, are ok. That's never a phone call anyone wants to get.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Ron Southern said...

Dreadful drama! I tend to think of somebody else getting that call about me, not the other way round!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

I am glad that their injuries were not more serious, but as they are older it sounds serious enough. Hope they have a smooth mending!

10:57 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Scary. I'm happy to hear your parents survived with a few minor injuries. It is too bad about the passengers in the other vehicle and it is just as sad that they were engaging in illegal activities.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

So glad your folks are ok, my thoughts are with you.

12:43 AM  
Blogger -c said...

wow.

I'm sticking with my first reaction, and that's all I can say for now...

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home