Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Taking careful aim, Frustrated slams a shot into the wrong goal...

Took the kids out for pizza and air hockey last night. It was one of those moments when a dad and his kids take out some quality time to learn those important lessons of life; dads rule when it comes to air hockey so come along and get your butt waxed.

I know, I know, I should be easy on them because it is Christmas. I want you to know I had promised to keep the gloating to a minimum and wouldn't even tell people how badly I beat them until...

Until...

Until... they whipped me like a red headed step child. I couldn't win a game to save my life. Three times we played me against the both of them and I would have demanding three point leads (6-3 in a seven point game) only to watch them come back and win. Twice I hit the shot that ricocheted back into my own goal. Jman was quick to add that I had indeed hit the winning shot...sigh.

So I'm thinking maybe I should've talked to them about the meaning of Christmas and the reason we should all give and not worry about the receiving the adulation of the air hockey masses during this special time of the year.

Nah, I will just wax them next time.

Yes, there will be a next time!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! it gives children great satisfaction to whoop their parents, I know. but to score the winning goal for them...poor FW!

9:33 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

Air hockey is always a fun thing to do. Glad you got to enjoy the company of your children (hope the bruises to your pride heal quickly!)

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home