Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Thursday Thirteen 8/24/06

Thirteen Goals I Probably Won't Acheive in Life...
  1. Having a dream date with Jamie Lee Curtis
  2. Discussing poor plot lines with Samon Rushdie
  3. Singing on stage with the Eagles during their Hell Freezes Over Tour #3
  4. Having a coffin in the guest bedroom so I can tell guests "Go on in and make yourself comfortable. Feel free to pull the lid down if you need a little privacy" just so I can watch their facial expressions. (okay, this really isn't a goal of mine, just wanted to make sure you were paying attention)
  5. Being a well known published author. Doesn't mean I won't keep trying...
  6. Getting a doctorate in History. Now that I think about it... a Masters in History probably isn't happening either since my BA wasn't in history.
  7. My life long ambition of teaching a high school history class. I have always wanted to give the kids a teacher who actually loves history and is not there because he/she has to do something else besides coaching.
  8. Run naked through Central Park. (yeah, another test to see if you are reading closely)
  9. Go Cape Buffalo hunting. The older I get the less interested I am in hunting exotic animals and find I enjoy watching them more. White tails and muleys are still fair game though...
  10. Go on a dream date with Jamie Lee Curtis (oh, did I already mention this one... hmm, uh...rats.) Make that "star in a major motion picture with Jamie Lee Curtis."
  11. Write the definitive southern humor novel. I want to be the Harper Lee of southern small town humor.
  12. Sit and chat with a U.S. President about foreign policy, urban poverty, and why the University of Texas football team should be the National Football Team for the U.S.
  13. Own every type of magnum revolver made. This won't happen because they bring out a new caliber every month and who can afford to keep up? Besides, I think I will be happy with getting the last of the standards (a .41 magnum) and calling it good.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at the coffin bit. that is a good way to keep the relatives from bunking up at your place.

you have an incredible talent for writing. keep doing it.

happy Thursday!!

7:59 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

You have the talent to write the definitive southern humor novel and have it published making you a well-known published author. I think this is a great goal.

Can't you get a masters in a subject that you don't have a BA in? I thought you could, but just needed a couple more classes. Do you have your BA in something else?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Alisa said...

I actually had a Coach who taught World History but he was very lucky in the fact that not only was he talented athletically he was GREAT with students. I never skipped that class.

I remember that one of the things we played was "RISK" in teams and we were using a map pinned to the wall that was dated back to the Ottoman Empire (the particular time in history we were studying). He was really creative with teaching aids.

2:38 PM  
Blogger STAG said...

Three Five Seven.

What else ya need?

8:01 PM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

I have a .357 and a .44, with the .44 being a much smoother and easier revolver to handle. I harvested my first deer with a pistol using the .357. Excellent choice, but still, if I could get a .41....

5:16 AM  
Blogger Belizegial said...

Why do I get the impression that you have more than just a passing interest in Jamie Lee Curtis?

Other than that, you have the very normal ambitions of meeting the President and writing a best selling novel. All very achievable, from what I can see here.

Keep the faith!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Belizegial said...

Why do I get the impression that you have more than just a passing interest in Jamie Lee Curtis?

Other than that, you have the very normal ambitions of meeting the President and writing a best selling novel. All very achievable, from what I can see here.

Keep the faith!

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home