Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Plumbing Blues

So I'm putting in the kids' Christmas present to their mother and horror of horrors, the job that should take two hour max ends up taking all day. Plumbing never comes easy and sure enough, one pipe breaks, another is weak, and before you know it I am revamping all of the pipes underneath the house.

This morning I am sore from bumps, scratches, and having been in positions that would have made a yoga guru proud.

So a poem is bubbling out... I just feel it!

Why is it that projects simple
Seldom work out like we plan
And become the proverbial pimple
On the butt of frustrated man?

I offer you plumbing
As an example quaint
Cause it is quite numbing
When what should be, ain't.

Chasing one problem after another
You find your project grows
And you'll be crying "mother"
Fighting your plumbing woes.

So what is the lesson taught
As you are feeling dumber?
You should do as you ought
Spend the bucks, pay a plumber.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ron Southern said...

I HATE plumbing tasks!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Rhodent said...

Love the poem, Mark!!! Sorry you had such "maneuvering" problems ;o) How are you at removing wallpaper and painting? I'll be GLAD to let you help!

10:55 AM  
Blogger brooksba said...

I would have no clue how to do any form of plumbing. Sorry that the project kept growing on you. Rest up and relax!

12:10 PM  
Blogger -c said...

"...the proverbial pimple on the butt of a frustrated man"

Ha!

When your muscles stop aching, my kitchen floor could use a make-over..

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home