Flailing Away with Frustrated

My mind meanders mindlessly mercifully.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Frustrated, foolish FW flails fitfully, failing to find fruition from facetious fritterings.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Hmm, let me tick everybody off

Traveling with club kids this weekend and watching them have a good time in Austin, I couldn't help but wonder what the future holds for them. They are bright, talented, and have tender hearts, eager to build their peers up and I have no doubt will make a marvelous contribution to this city when they are grown.

Then I listen to the radio, watch the tube, see humanity bent on anihilating their enemies and know that both sides have the capability to nuke each other. Israel definitely has the capability (over 1,000 known small warheads) and Iran is hedging on whether they have it or not. The sad part is you know they would love to use them on the other.

So somewhere between Lampasas and Goldwaite, I did some speculation on faith and the trust some folks have in God reaching down into their everyday life and manipulating it for their good. I wish I had such a faith because frankly I think he sits back and watches us. I do believe in intervention, but I also believe in free will, free choice, and the eagerness of some folks to do evil. That being said, my heart is saddened by the prospects of the Middle East. If God let's men be men, then there is a spot in this world where the rivers will run red with the blood of the innocent and the guilty. I guess I would point to Hiroshima and Nagasaki (sorry about the spellings) as my precident in this argument.

What to do, what to do. I guess I will take the tack of Habakkuk and wait patiently, hoping and trusting, knowing in the end there is a higher power in control of this universe. Like Hab., I am pretty sure when the blood starts flowing my knees will shake and my heart will be broken watching the human pain and suffering esculate with each retaliation.

Yup, I wish my faith was of the ilk where I could believe God would stop people from being people... but it isn't. Sigh, I think a long walk, meditation, prayer, and perhaps a cigar are in order for this one as I hope those very kids I ran with this weekend will have the chance to ponder such questions when they are old.

4 Comments:

Blogger Beverly said...

man, I certainly don't have any answers...
I just go to Job and read as Job admits there are things "too wonderful for me to know."

9:27 PM  
Blogger brooksba said...

The entire situation in Israel has me on edge and I can't stand the thought of war. I'm not religious and think the thing that bothers me the most about religion is the desire to hurt others who don't hold the same beliefs. It just seems so illogical to me. Let people believe what they want and remember we're all humans.

You didn't tick me off.

10:42 PM  
Blogger Alisa said...

God created us with free will. For her to meddle would be stopping our free will. Unfortunately the hateful fanatics of the conflicting religions in the middle east have forced each other into a full scale conflict.

If the fanatic extremists are not stopped now, on their soil, they will come over here and 9-11 will be a paltry example of what their hatred is capable of.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Frustrated Writer said...

good points everyone. still, a frustrating situation...

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home